On May 24, 2007, at 18:12 , PFC wrote:

Indeed. Wouldn't it be a cool feature to persists transaction states
across connections so that a new connection could get access to a sub-
transaction state? That way, you could make your schema changes and
test them with any number of test clients (which designate the state
to connect with) and then you would commit when everything works.

Actually you can hack this by starting your webserver with only 1 thread, use persistent connections, and disable all commits in the application.
        But I'd call that "a very hackish hack".

Not really- then I can't use any transactions, in which case, I might as well use MySQL. I would like to be able to pass transaction state between connections.

-M