Alexander Staubo wrote on 24.05.2007 17:30:
[2] Nobody else has this, I believe, except possibly Ingres and
NonStop SQL. This means you can do a "begin transaction", then issue
"create table", "alter table", etc. ad nauseum, and in the mean time
concurrent transactions will just work. Beautiful for atomically
upgrading a production server. Oracle, of course, commits after each
DDL statements.

I do have to commit a CREATE TABLE in SQL Server (Express) 2005 (and I believe in 2000 as well), and I can rollback a DROP TABLE.
I haven't checked how this behaves with concurrent access though.

Thomas