We are using a three-tier application with J2EE, JBoss, Hibernate and
a Postgres database.

It would be a nice thing to monitor or trace the actual SQL statements
processed by the DB. I do not really need the result set as I can get
this - if required - using SQL against the DB through the Pgsql
interface.

You can configure Postgres to give you this information in the logfiles, or before you execute any queries on your connection.

The configuration option in postgresql.conf is, I believe, log_statement.

Alternatively, you can run SET log_statement to 'all'; on your JDBC connection before your application begins to query the database.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/runtime-config-logging.html

Hope that helps.

Aurynn Shaw

[EMAIL PROTECTED]