Vivek Khera writes:

i wouldn't call it a bug to need more resources than you've got available :-)

Hm... now I am really confused.
The same settings on AMD64 work. So how are "more resources available" when I have the same amount of memory and the same settings?

I even tried a machine with less memory, in AMD64 and the records that failed in i386 loaded fine. Even with default settings in postgresql.conf the problem records load whereas they fail in i386.

I think it must be a variable that is likely 4 bits in i386 and 8bits in 64 bits.

              http://archives.postgresql.org/