On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Right, but it doesn't sound that hard to introduce. Basically there'd need to
> be a WithParamValue node,  that first evaluates parameters and then executes
> the child expression. I'm thinking of doing this hierarchically so there's
> less issues with the setting of the param value being moved away from the
> child expression using it.

I don't quite follow the need for this.  I mean, if we just stick a
Param reference in there and create a corresponding InitPlan, the
Param will be evaluated on demand, right?  Is the point of the new
node to make sure that the Param gets re-evaluated when needed?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company