On 11/19/17 20:56, Michael Paquier wrote:
  --with-ssl=(openssl|gnutls)

I'm not sure whether this is a great improvement.  Why upset existing
build and packaging scripts?  The usual options style is
--with-nameoflib.  We can have separate options and error if conflicting
combinations are specified.

We already have a precedent in --with-uuid=LIB which has the backwards compatibility alias --with-ossp-uuid, so I think adding --with-ssl=LIB while keeping --with-openssl as an alias is consistent with that. I also think the code and the interface ended up pretty clean when I added --with-ssl in my latest patch.

The only issue I see with --with-ssl is Window's config.pl which might end up a bit ugly to support '$config->{openssl} = "path";' as a legacy alias.

Andreas