On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 12:11 AM, Claudio Freire <klaussfre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 2:54 PM, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deola...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > So yes, the benefits of the patch go down with higher number of clients,
> but
> > it does not entirely vanish.
>
> What if you implement my suggestion?
>
> That should improve the multi-client case considerably.

Yes, I will try that next - it seems like a good idea. So the idea would
be: check if the block is still the rightmost block and the insertion-key
is greater than the first key in the page. If those conditions are
satisfied, then we do a regular binary search within the page to find the
correct location. This might add an overhead of binary search when keys are
strictly ordered and a single client is inserting the data. If that becomes
a concern, we might be able to look for that special case too and optimise
for it too.

Thanks,
Pavan

--