Hello Michael,

thanks for your hard work and quick response!
It is very convenient to only use VS2022 for Windows from now on...

>Diff unrelated to your patch.

Sorry for the copysoft problem from the first version.

>Glad to see that we should have nothing to do about locales this
>time.  I have not tested, but I think that you covering all the areas
>that need a refresh here.  Nice work.

I think it is almost impossible to overestimate the value of such support from
experienced hackers to others starting their journey right now...

I hope I can motivate you (and other experienced hackers) to give me some more
support on my real project arriving anytime soon. It addresses hex_encoding
(and more) targetting mostly pg_dump, but requires also some deeper knowledge
of general infrastructure and building (also on Windows). Stay tuned!

PS: Does anybody have good relations to EDB suggesting them to target VS2022 as
the build environment for the upcoming PG15 release?

postgres=# select version ();
                          version
 PostgreSQL 14.1, compiled by Visual C++ build 1931, 64-bit
(1 row)

Thanks!

Hans Buschmann