On 2021/11/22 13:59, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 8:17 AM Fujii Masao <masao.fu...@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
Well, in that case, why can't we get rid of "(message_primary != NULL"
and just have "message_primary[0] != '\0' ? errmsg_internal("%s",
message_primary) : errmsg("could not obtain message string for remote
error")" ?

That's possible if we can confirm that PQerrorMessage() never returns
NULL all the cases. I'm not sure how much it's worth doing that, though..
It seems more robust to check also NULL there.

Okay.

BTW, we might have to fix it in dblink_res_error too?

Yeah, that's good idea. I included that change in the patch. Attached.

Thanks. pgfdw_report_error_v2 patch looks good to me.

Pushed. Thanks!

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters