Huansong Fu <huansong.fu.i...@gmail.com> writes:
> We recently saw a similar issue in v12 and wondered why the corresponding fix
> for v14 (https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/16e3ad5d143) was not
> backported to v13 and before. The commit message did mention that this fix
> might have problem with translatable string messages - would you mind
> providing a bit more context about what is needed to backport this fix? Thank
> you.

Well, the commit message lists the reasons for not back-patching:

* we've seen few field complaints about such problems
* it'd add work for translators
* it wouldn't work reliably before v12.

Perhaps there's a case for back-patching as far as v12,
but I can't get very excited about it.

                        regards, tom lane