On 31/03/18 21:33, Fabien COELHO wrote:

Bonjour Daniel,

For csv, Fabien and Peter expressed the opinion that we shouldn't
create another fieldsep-like variable specifically for it, but instead
reuse fieldsep. That's what my latest patch does.

Now it turns out that sharing fieldsep comes with some problems.

Personnaly I do not have any problem with CSV defaulting to '|' separator, given that anyway people often use anything but a comma for the purpose, including '|'.

However Pavel wants to block the patch on this point. Too bad.

Maybe you can do (again) a patch with a 'fieldsep_csv' or whatever additional variable? Not sure about 'recordsep'...

And then we forward to committers both version and they can chose whatever they think best, including not committing anything?

Would suggest the choice of 'fieldsep_csv' out of those two (a record would correspond to the whole row), and the default being a comma.

Cheers,
Gavin