On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 02:12:17AM +0500, Daniil Zakhlystov wrote:
> Hi, Justin!
>
> First of all, thanks for the detailed review. I’ve applied your patches to
> the current version.

Note that my message had other comments that weren't addressed in this patch.

Your 0003 patch has a couple "noise" hunks that get rid of ^M characters added
in previous patches.  The ^M shouldn't be added in the first place.  Did you
apply my fixes using git-am or something else ?

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 02:12:17AM +0500, Daniil Zakhlystov wrote:
> > On 12 Jan 2022, at 19:15, Justin Pryzby <pry...@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > zlib still causes check-world to get stuck.  I first mentioned this last
> > March:
> > 20210319062800.gi11...@telsasoft.com

> > I removed the thread from the CFBOT until that's resolved.
>
> I’ve fixed the failing tests, now they should pass.

macos: passed
linux: timed out after 1hr
freebsd: failed in pg_rewind: ... <= replay_lsn AND state = 'streaming' FROM ...
windows: "Failed test 'data_checksums=on is reported on an offline cluster
stdout /(?^:^on$)/'" / WARNING:  01000: algorithm zlib is not supported

Note that it's possible and easy to kick off a CI run using any github account:
see ./src/tools/ci/README

For me, it's faster than running check-world -j4 locally, and runs tests on 4
OSes.

I re-ran your branch under my own account and linux didn't get stuck (and the
compiler warnings tests passed).  But on a third attempt, macos failed the
pg_rewind test, and bsd failed the subscription test:
| SELECT count(1) = 0 FROM pg_subscription_rel WHERE srsubstate NOT IN ('s',
'r');

--
Justin