Hello,

This patch status is already returned with feedback.
However, I've applied this patch on 27b77ecf9f and tested so report it.

make installcheck-world is passed.
However, when I promote the standby server and update on the new primary server,
apply worker could not start logical replication and emmit the following error.

LOG:  background worker "logical replication worker" (PID 14506) exited with
exit code 1
LOG:  logical replication apply worker for subscription "sub1" has started
ERROR:  terminating logical replication worker due to timeout
LOG:  background worker "logical replication worker" (PID 14535) exited with
exit code 1
LOG:  logical replication apply worker for subscription "sub1" has started

It seems that apply worker does not start because wal sender is already exist
on the new primary.
Do you have any thoughts about what the cause might be?

test script is attached.

regards, sho kato