Hello Greg,

It looks like David sent a patch and Fabien sent a followup patch. But
there hasn't been a whole lot of discussion or further patches.

It sounds like there are some basic questions about what the right
interface should be. Are there specific questions that would be
helpful for moving forward?

Review the designs and patches and tell us what you think?

Personnaly, I think that allowing multiple connections is a good thing, especially if the code impact is reduced, which is the case with the version I sent.

Then for me the next step would be to have a reconnection on errors so as to implement a client-side failover policy that could help testing a server-failover performance impact. I have done that internally but it requires that "Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors" to land, as it would just be another error that can be handled.

--
Fabien.