At Wed, 06 Apr 2022 18:13:17 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota....@gmail.com> wrote in
> At Wed, 6 Apr 2022 10:30:32 +0200, Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@alvh.no-ip.org>
> wrote in
> > For code documentation purposes, I think it is slightly better to use
> > bits8 than uint8 for variables where you're storing independent bit flags.
>
> Oh, agreed.  Will fix in the next version along with other fixes.

The immediately folloing member statusFlags is in uint8.  So using
bits8 here results in the following look.

>       bits8           delayChkptFlags;/* for DELAY_CHKPT_* flags */
>
>       uint8           statusFlags;    /* this backend's status flags, see
> PROC_*
>                                                                * above.
> mirrored in

PGPROC has another member that fits  bits*.

>       uint64          fpLockBits;             /* lock modes held for each
> fast-path slot */

Do I change this in this patch? Or leave them for another chance?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center