> On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 11:12 AM Matthias van de Meent
> <boekewurm+postg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here's a new 0001 to keep CFBot happy.
>
> This seems like it would conflict with the proposal from
>
> http://postgr.es/m/ca+tgmoad8wmn6i1mmuo+4znege3hd57ys8uv8uzm7cneqy3...@mail.gmail.com
> which I still hope to advance in some form at an appropriate time.

It may be weakly related to the current discussion, but I'd like to note
that the other proposed patch for making XID's 64-bit [1] will store
per-page-common xid data in the heap page special area. It doesn't
contradict storing a nonce in this area also, but I'd appreciate it if
we could avoid changing heap page special layout twice.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CACG%3DezZe1NQSCnfHOr78AtAZxJZeCvxrts0ygrxYwe%3DpyyjVWA%40mail.gmail.com