On 12.07.22 01:01, Tom Lane wrote:
I wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentr...@enterprisedb.com> writes:
On 10.07.22 01:50, Tom Lane wrote:
As committed, gen_node_support.pl excludes CallContext and InlineCodeBlock
from getting unneeded support functions via some very ad-hoc code.

Couldn't we just enable those support functions?  I think they were just
excluded because they didn't have any before and nobody bothered to make
any.

Well, we could I suppose, but that path leads to a lot of dead code in
backend/nodes/ --- obviously these two alone are negligible, but I want
a story other than "it's a hack" for execnodes.h and the other files
we exclude from generation of support code.

Here's a proposed patch for this bit.  Again, whether these two
node types have unnecessary support functions is not the point ---
obviously we could afford to waste that much space.  Rather, what
I'm after is to have a more explainable and flexible way of dealing
with the file-level exclusions applied to a lot of other node types.
This patch doesn't make any change in the script's output now, but
it gives us flexibility for the future.

Yeah, looks reasonable.