On 9/5/22 10:03 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:
On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 1:51 PM Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jk...@postgresql.org> writes:
On 9/5/22 7:18 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:
Well I was about to commit this, but beta4 just got stamped (but not
yet tagged).  I see now that Jonathan (with RMT hat on, CC'd) meant
commits should be in by the *start* of the 5th AoE, not the end.  So
the procedural/RMT question is whether it's still possible to close
this item in beta4.

Presumably because Tom stamped it, the released is wrapped so it
wouldn't make Beta 4, but I defer to him to see if it can be included
with the tag.

I already made the tarballs available to packagers, so adding this
would involve a re-wrap and great confusion.  In any case, I'm not
a fan of pushing fixes within a day or two of the wrap deadline,
let alone after it; you get inadequate buildfarm coverage when you
cut corners that way.  I think this one missed the boat.

Got it.  Yeah I knew it was going to be a close thing with a problem
diagnosed on Thursday/Friday before a Monday wrap, even before I
managed to confuse myself about dates and times.  Thanks both.

To close this loop, I added a section for "fixed before RC1" to Open Items since this is presumably the next release. We can include it there once committed.

Jonathan