After analyzing this, I found out why we don't reach that Assert but we have coverage shown - firstly, it reached via another test, vacuum; secondly, it depends on the gcc optimization flag. We reach that Assert only when using -O0. If we build with -O2 or -Og that function is not reached (due to different results of the heap_prune_satisfies_vacuum() check inside heap_page_prune()). But as the make checks mostly (including the buildfarm testing) performed with -O2/-Og, it looks like that after 4fb5c794e5 we have lost the coverage provided by the 4c51a2d1e4.