Hi,

On 10/5/22 9:24 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
Something that stood out on a first review is the refactoring of
001_password.pl that can be done independently of the main patch:

Good idea, thanks for the proposal.

- test_role() -> test_conn() to be able to pass down a database name.
- reset_pg_hba() to control the host, db and user parts.  The host
part does not really apply after moving the hosts checks to a more
secure location, so I guess that this had better be extended just for
the user and database, keeping host=local all the time.
I am planning to apply 0001 attached independently,

0001 looks good to me.

reducing the
footprint of 0002, which is your previous patch left untouched
(mostly!).

Thanks! I'll look at it and the comments you just made up-thread.

Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team
RDS Open Source Databases