Hi, Maxim!
> My proposal is to add a tablespace option in order to be able to configure
> which behaviour is appropriate for a
> particular user. I've decided to call this option “on_no_space” for now. If
> anyone has a better naming for this feature,
> please, report.
>
> So, the idea is to add both GUC and tablespace option “on_no_space”. The
> tablespace option defines the behaviour of the
> cluster for a particular tablespace in “on_no_space” situation. The GUC
> defines the default value of tablespace option.

I suppose there can be a kind of attack with this feature i.e.

- If someone already has his own tablespace he can do:
ALTER TABLESPACE my SET on_no_space=fatal; // This needs tablespace
ownership, not superuser permission.
- Then fill up his own db with garbage to fill his tablespace.
- Then all the db cluster will go fatal, even if the other users'
tablespaces are almost free.

If this can be avoided, I think the patch can be useful.

Regards,
Pavel Borisov.