Sergei Kornilov <s...@zsrv.org> writes:
> Do we need new syntax actually? I think that a global unique index can be
> created automatically instead of raising an error "unique constraint on
> partitioned table must include all partitioning columns"

I'm not convinced that we want this feature at all: as far as I can see,
it will completely destroy the benefits of making a partitioned table
in the first place.  But if we do want it, I don't think it should be
so easy to create a global index by accident as that syntax approach
would make it.  I think there needs to be a pretty clear YES I WANT TO
SHOOT MYSELF IN THE FOOT clause in the command.

                        regards, tom lane