On 31/01/2023 10:53, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
On 30.01.23 17:05, Sébastien Lardière wrote:

Here's the patch with the suggested format ; plus, I add some note in the documentation about recovery_target_timeline, because I don't get how strtoul(), with the special 0 base parameter can work without 0x prefix ; I suppose that nobody use it.

I also change pg_controldata and the usage of this output by pg_upgrade. I let internal usages unchanded : content of backup manifest and content of history file.

Should I open a commitfest entry, or is it too soon ?

It is not too soon.  (The next commitfest is open for new patch submissions as soon as the current one is "in progress", which closes it for new patches.)

Done : https://commitfest.postgresql.org/42/4155/

--
Sébastien