On 2023/02/09 11:50, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
Hello.

While looking a patch, I found that pqSocketPoll passes through the
result from poll(2) to the caller and throws away revents. If I
understand it correctly, poll() *doesn't* return -1 nor errno by the
reason it has set POLLERR, POLLHUP, POLLNVAL, and POLLRDHUP for some
of the target sockets, and returns 0 unless poll() itself failed to
work.

As far as I understand correctly, poll() returns >0 if "revents"
has either of those bits, not 0 nor -1.

You're thinking that pqSocketPoll() should check "revents" and
return -1 if either of those bits is set?

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters
NTT DATA CORPORATION