At Mon, 13 Feb 2023 08:09:50 +0100, "Drouvot, Bertrand"
<bertranddrouvot...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> I think this is useful beyond being able to generate those functions
>> with
>> macros. The fact that we had to deal with transactional code in
>> pgstatfuncs.c
>> meant that a lot of the relevant itnernals had to be exposed "outside"
>> pgstat,
>> which seems architecturally not great.
>>
> Right, good point.

Agreed.

> Removing the pfrees in V2 attached.

Ah, that sound good.

        if (!entry_ref)
+       {
                entry_ref = pgstat_fetch_pending_entry(PGSTAT_KIND_RELATION,
InvalidOid, rel_id);
+               return tablestatus;
+       }

We should return something if the call returns a non-null value?

So, since we want to hide the internal from pgstatfuncs, the
additional flag should be gone. If the additional cost doesn't bother
anyone, I don't mind to remove the flag.  The patch will get far
simpler by that.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi