On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 5:47 PM Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2023-02-22 16:34:44 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I wrote:
> >
> > > Indeed.  I thought we had one already.

> with
> >
> > > I'd put it in first and only reconsider if it shows unfixable problems.
> >
> > Now that we've got the sizeof(ExprEvalStep) under control, shouldn't
> > we do the attached?
>
> Indeed. Pushed.
>
> Let's hope there's no rarely used architecture with odd alignment rules.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Andres Freund

I have a question about this that may affect some of my future work.

My not-ready-for-16 work on CAST( ... ON DEFAULT ... ) involved making
FuncExpr/IoCoerceExpr/ArrayCoerceExpr have a safe_mode flag, and that
necessitates adding a reserror boolean to ExprEvalStep for subsequent steps
to test if the error happened.

Will that change be throwing some architectures over the 64 byte count?