On 24.02.23 14:01, Nazir Bilal Yavuz wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I updated the ssl patch and if you like
changes, I can apply the same logic to uuid.

Maybe we can make some of the logic less nested.  Right now there is

    if sslopt != 'none'

      if not ssl.found() and sslopt in ['auto', 'openssl']

I think at that point, ssl.found() is never true, so it can be removed. And the two checks for sslopt are nearly redundant.

At the end of the block, there is

      # At least one SSL library must be found, otherwise throw an error
      if sslopt == 'auto' and auto_features.enabled()
        error('SSL Library could not be found')
      endif
    endif

which also implies sslopt != 'none'.  So I think the whole thing could be

    if sslopt in ['auto', 'openssl']

    endif

    if sslopt == 'auto' and auto_features.enabled()
      error('SSL Library could not be found')
    endif

both at the top level.

Another issue, I think this is incorrect:

+ openssl_required ? error('openssl function @0@ is required'.format(func)) : \ + message('openssl function @0@ is required'.format(func))

We don't want to issue a message like this when a non-required function is missing.