On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 9:56 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.a...@cybertec.at>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2023-03-01 at 11:13 -0500, Kirk Wolak wrote:
> > Thanks, corrected, and confirmed Unix line endings.
>
> The patch builds fine and works as intended.
>
> I leave it to the committers to decide whether the patch is worth the
> effort or not, given that you can get a similar effect with %`date`.
> It adds some value by being simpler and uniform across all platforms.
>
> I'll mark the patch as "ready for committer".
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

Thanks Laurenz.

To be clear, I use windows AND linux, and I share my file between them.

in linux:  `date +%H:%M:%S`   is used
in windows: `ECHO %time%`

so, I wrote a ts.cmd and ts.sh  so I could share one prompt:   `ts`
but now every time I connect a new account to this file, I have to go
find/copy my ts file.
Same when I share it with other developers.

This was the pain that started the quest.
Thanks to everyone for their support!