On Tue, Mar 7, 2023 at 8:25 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.m...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > 1. Make it optional to track chunk memory space by a template
parameter. It might be tiny compared to everything else that vacuum does.
That would allow other users to avoid that overhead.
> > 2. When context block usage exceeds the limit (rare), make the
additional effort to get the precise usage -- I'm not sure such a top-down
facility exists, and I'm not feeling well enough today to study this
further.

> I prefer option (1) as it's straight forward. I mentioned a similar
> idea before[1]. RT_MEMORY_USAGE() is defined only when the macro is
> defined. It might be worth checking if there is visible overhead of
> tracking chunk memory space. IIRC we've not evaluated it yet.

Ok, let's try this -- I can test and profile later this week.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com