On 04.03.23 19:29, Jeff Davis wrote:
It looks like the way you've handled this is by inserting the collation
with collprovider=icu even if built without ICU support. I think that's
a new case, so we need to make sure it throws reasonable user-facing
errors.

It would look like this:

=> select * from t1 order by b collate unicode;
ERROR:  0A000: ICU is not supported in this build

I do like your approach though because, if someone is using a standard
collation, I think "not built with ICU" (feature not supported) is a
better error than "collation doesn't exist". It also effectively
reserves the name "unicode".

right