On Mon, 20 Mar 2023, 11:00 pm Peter Eisentraut,
<peter.eisentr...@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> After the discussion in [0] ff., I was looking around in pg_attribute
> and noticed that we could possibly save 4 bytes.  We could change both
> attstattarget and attinhcount from int4 to int2, which together with
> some reordering would save 4 bytes from the fixed portion.

I just want to highlight 1ef61ddce9, which fixed a very long-standing
bug that meant that pg_inherits.inhseqno was effectively just 16-bit.
Perhaps because nobody seemed to report that as a limitation 16 bits
is enough space. I only noticed that as a bug from code reading.

David