On 4/10/23 11:37 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Stephen Frost <sfr...@snowman.net> writes:
* Tom Lane (t...@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
IOW, maybe it'd be okay to de-revert 3d4fa227b and add documentation
saying that --with-gssapi requires MIT Kerberos not Heimdal.

I'd be happy with that and can add the appropriate documentation noting
that we require MIT Kerberos.  Presumably the appropriate step at this
point would be to check with the RMT?

Yeah, RMT would have final say at this stage.

If you pull the trigger, a note to buildfarm-members would be
appropriate too, so people will know if they need to remove
--with-gssapi from animal configurations.

The RMT discussed this thread and agrees to a "de-revert" of the "Add support for Kerberos delegation" patch, provided that:

1. The appropriate documentation is added AND
2. The de-revert occurs no later than 2023-04-15 (upper bound 2023-04-16 0:00 AoE).

There's an open item[1] for this task.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_16_Open_Items#Open_Issues