On 21.06.23 09:43, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 09:16:38AM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
Agreed, I'd be more inclined to go with OPENSSL_API_COMPAT.  If we still get
warnings with that set then I feel those warrant special consideration rather
than a blanket suppression.

4d3db136 seems to be OK on REL_13_STABLE with a direct cherry-pick.
REL_11_STABLE and REL_12_STABLE require two different changes:
- pg_config.h.win32 needs to list OPENSSL_API_COMPAT.
- Solution.pm needs an extra #define OPENSSL_API_COMPAT in
GenerateFiles() whose value can be retrieved from configure.in like in
13~.

Anything I am missing perhaps?

Backpatching the OPENSSL_API_COMPAT change would set the minimum OpenSSL version to 1.0.1, which is newer than what was so far required in those branches. That is the reason we didn't do this.