On 6/12/23 17:37, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
On 2023-Jun-06, Laurenz Albe wrote:

At a quick glance, it looks like you resolve "timezone" at the time
the query is parsed.  Shouldn't the resolution happen at query
execution time?

Sounds like it -- consider the case where the timestamp value is a
partition key and one of the partition boundaries falls in between two
timezone offsets for some particular ts value; then you use a prepared
query to read from a view defined with AT LOCAL.  Partition pruning
would need to compute partitions to read from at runtime, not plan time.

Can you show me an example of that happening with my patch?
--
Vik Fearing