On 06.07.23 15:41, Tristan Partin wrote:
On Thu Jul 6, 2023 at 3:21 AM CDT, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
On 05.07.23 23:06, Tristan Partin wrote:
Thanks for following up. My system is Fedora 38. I can confirm this is
still happening on master.

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 13.1.1 20230614 (Red Hat 13.1.1-4)
$ meson setup build --buildtype=release

This buildtype turns on -O3 warnings.  We have usually opted against
chasing warnings in -O3 level because there are often some
false-positive uninitialized variable warnings with every new compiler.

Note that we have set the default build type to debugoptimized, for that
reason.

Good to know, thanks.

Regarding the original patch, do you think it is good to be applied?

That patch looks reasonable. But I can't actually reproduce the warning, even with gcc-13. I do get the warning from plpgsql. Can you show the warning you are seeing?