On 2023-09-20 09:32, Michael Paquier wrote:
Actually there was a bit more to it in the presence of \e, that could
also get some unpredictible behaviors if some errors happen while
editing a query, which is something unlikely, still leads to strange
behaviors on failure injections.  I was considering first to move the
reset in do_edit(), but also we have the case of \e[v|f] where the
buffer has no edits so it felt a bit more natural to do that in the
upper layer like in this patch.

Indeed, similar behaviours can happen with the \e. The patch you committed looks good to me. Thank you.

Ryoga Yoshida