On Thu, 21 Sept 2023 at 17:59, Michael Paquier <mich...@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> That was fast.  If I may ask, why don't you have some regression tests
> for the two code paths of vacuumdb that append this option to the
> commands generated for VACUUM and ANALYZE?

I think we have differing standards for what constitutes as a useful
test.  For me, there would have to be a much higher likelihood of this
ever getting broken again.

I deem it pretty unlikely that someone will accidentally remove the
code that I just committed and a test to test that vacuumdb -Z
--buffer-usage-limit ... passes the BUFFER_USAGE_LIMIT option would
likely just forever mark that we once had a trivial bug that forgot to
include the --buffer-usage-limit when -Z was specified.

If others feel strongly that a test is worthwhile, then I'll reconsider.

David