On 2023-10-04 12:19, Jim Jones wrote:
On 04.10.23 11:39, vignesh C wrote:
1) Why the default option was chosen without comments shouldn't it be
the other way round?
I'm not sure it is the way to go. The main idea is to check if two documents have the same content, and comments might be different even if the contents of two documents are identical. What are your concerns regarding this default behaviour?

I hope I'm not butting in, but I too would be leery of any default
behavior that's going to say thing1 and thing2 are the same thing
but ignoring (name part of thing here). If that's the comparison
I mean to make, and it's as easy as CANONICAL WITHOUT COMMENTS
to say that's what I mean, I'd be happy to write that. It also means
that the next person reading my code will know "oh, he means
'same' in *that* way", without having to think about it.

Regards,
-Chap