Hi,

I am feeling this topic has been well discussed and the only pending
issues are below,  it would be great that any committer can have a
look at these,  so I mark this entry as "Ready for Committer".

Things are not addressed yet:
> 1.  the error message handling.

You can check [1] for more background of this,  I think blocking this
feature at an error message level is not pretty reasonable.

> 2.  if we have chances to optimize _tz functions, I guess no.

patch 002 is dedicated  for this,  I think it should not be committed,
the reason is described in the commit message.

3.  function naming issue. I think I can get it modified once after
> all the other issues are addressed.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/d70280648894e56f9f0d12c75090c3d8%40anastigmatix.net

--