On 07.10.23 00:23, Bohdan Mart wrote:

On 07.10.23 00:29, postg...@coyotebush.net wrote:
Sometime earlier, I created a filter to annotate regular C comments as doxy comments.  I'll attach it along with a sample doxyfile for running it.  Just
in case it looks useful.

I've never been a big fan of Doxygen, but it seems to have gotten better
over time. Now that some IDEs display doxy comments on hover, I'm beginning
to appreciate it.

Thank you for providing this `flex` filter! It is actually useful. I've tested it on one

file from postures source base, and it actually converted regular

comments to doc-comments! If this filter could be used by official

Doxygen generation of Postgres, it would highly increase quality

of online documentation of Postgres!

I have not actually looked at the code of the filter itself but personally I'm not super happy with doing a C-based filter as part of our doxygen documentation generation step - that seems like an additional maintainance burden infrastrukcture wise - is there nothing more lightweight available(assuming we even want that)?

Stefan