On 16/10/2023 23:21, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 10:24 AM Andrei Lepikhov
Whenever I visited this idea, I hit one issue prominently - how would
we differentiate different scans of the non-partitioned relation.
Normally we do that using different Relids but in this case we
wouldn't be able to know the number of such relations involved in the
query unless we start planning such a join. It's late to add new base
relations and assign them new Relids. Of course I haven't thought hard
about it. I haven't looked at the patch to see whether this problem is
solved and how.

I'm curious, which type of problems do you afraid here? Why we need a range table entry for each scan of non-partitioned relation?

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov