On 18.10.23 06:40, David Rowley wrote:
I agree that it's not nice to add yet another way of breaking the buildfarm and even more so when the committer did make check-world before committing. We have --enable-tap-tests, we could have --enable-indent-checks and have pgindent check the code is correctly indented during make check-world. Then just not have --enable-indent-checks in CI.

This approach seems like a good improvement, even independent of everything else we might do about this. Making it easier to use and less likely to be forgotten. Also, this way, non-committer contributors can opt-in, if they want to earn bonus points.