On 17.10.23 03:32, Krishnakumar R wrote:
The version comparison has been moved from initdb to bootstrap. This
created some compatibility problems with windows tests. For now I kept
the version check to not have \n added, which worked fine and serves
the purpose. However hoping to have something better in v3 in addition
to addressing any other comments.

With help from Thomas, figured out that on windows fopen uses binary
mode in the backend which causes issues with EOL. Please find the
attached patch updated with a fix for this.

I suggest that this patch set be split up into three incremental parts:

1. Move some build-time settings from initdb to postgres.bki.
2. The database locale handling.
3. The bki file handling.

Each of these topics really needs a separate detailed consideration.