On 2023-11-15 We 06:34, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
On 2023-Nov-13, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

size?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/ioapiset/nf-ioapiset-deviceiocontrol
Hmm, here's what that page says - I can't see it saying what you're
suggesting here - am I missing something?:
I don't think so.  I think I just confused myself.  Reading the docs it
appears that other Windows APIs work as I described, but not this one.

Anyway, after looking at it a bit more, I realized that this code uses
MAX_PATH as basis for its buffer's length limit -- and apparently on
Windows that's only 260, much shorter than MAXPGPATH (1024) which our
own code uses to limit the buffers given to readlink().  So maybe fixing
this is just a matter of doing s/MAX_PATH/MAXPGPATH/ in dirmod.c.

I'll test it.

cheers

andrew

--