> On 30 Nov 2023, at 20:06, Andrey M. Borodin <x4...@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>

> Tomorrow I plan to fix raising of the timeout when the transaction is idle.
> Renaming transaction_timeout to something else (to avoid confusion with
> prepared xacts) also seems correct to me.

Here's a v6 version of the feature. Changes:
1. Now transaction_timeout will break connection with FATAL instead of hanging
in "idle in transaction (aborted)"
2. It will kill equally idle and active transactions
3. New isolation tests are slightly more complex: isolation tester does not
like when the connection is forcibly killed, thus there must be only 1
permutation with killed connection.

TODO: as Yuhang pointed out prepared transactions must not be killed, thus name
"transaction_timeout" is not correct. I think the name must be like
"session_transaction_timeout", but I'd like to have an opinion of someone more
experienced in giving names to GUCs than me. Or, perhaps, a native speaker?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.