On 12/6/23 10:44, Tom Lane wrote:
Joe Conway <m...@joeconway.com> writes:
I believe this is ready to commit unless there are further comments or objections.

I thought we were still mostly at proof-of-concept stage?

The concept is narrowly scoped enough that I think we are homing in on the final patch.

In particular, has anyone done any performance testing?
I'm concerned about that because composite_to_json() has
zero capability to cache any metadata across calls, meaning
there is going to be a large amount of duplicated work
per row.

I will devise some kind of test and report back. I suppose something with many rows and many narrow columns comparing time to COPY text/csv/json modes would do the trick?

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team