> On 12 Dec 2023, at 01:09, Tristan Partin <tris...@neon.tech> wrote:
>
> Not sold on the name, but --check is a combination of --silent-diff and
> --show-diff. I envision --check mostly being used in CI environments. I
> recently came across a situation where this behavior would have been useful.
> Without --check, you're left to capture the output of --show-diff and exit 2
> if the output isn't empty by yourself.

I wonder if we should model this around the semantics of git diff to keep it
similar to other CI jobs which often use git diff?  git diff --check means "are
there conflicts or issues" which isn't really comparable to here, git diff
--exit-code however is pretty much exactly what this is trying to accomplish.

That would make pgindent --show-diff --exit-code exit with 1 if there were
diffs and 0 if there are no diffs.

--
Daniel Gustafsson