Hi,

save the error metadata to  system catalogs would be more expensive,
please see below explanation.
I have no knowledge of publications.
but i feel there is a feature request: publication FOR ALL TABLES
exclude regex_pattern.
Anyway, that would be another topic.

I think saving error metadata to system catalog is not a good idea, too.
And I believe Sawada-san just pointed out missing features and did not suggested that we use system catalog.

I don't think "specify the maximum number  of errors to tolerate
before raising an ERROR." is very useful....

That may be so.
I imagine it's useful in some use case since some loading tools have such options.
Anyway I agree it's not necessary for initial patch as mentioned in [1].

I suppose we can specify an ERRORFILE directory. similar
implementation [2], demo in [3]
it will generate 2 files, one file shows the malform line content as
is, another file shows the error info.

That may be a good option when considering "(2) logging errors to somewhere".

What do you think about the proposal to develop these features in incrementally?