On 29.12.23 06:14, Julien Rouhaud wrote:

It looks good to me.  One minor complaint, I'm a bit dubious about
those queries:

SELECT count(*) <= 100 AND count(*) > 0 FROM pg_stat_statements;

Is it to actually test that pg_stat_statements won't store more than
pg_stat_statements.max records?  Note also that this query can't
return 0 rows, as the currently executed query will have an entry
added during post_parse_analyze.  Maybe a comment saying what this is
actually testing would help.

Yeah, I think I added that query before I added the queries to check the contents of pg_stat_statements.query itself, so it's a bit obsolete. I reworked that part.

It would also be good to test that pg_stat_statements_info.dealloc is
more than 0 once enough statements have been issued.

I added that.

I have committed the patches 0002 and 0003 from the previous patch set
already.

I have also enhanced the TAP test a bit to check the actual content of
the output across restarts.

Nothing much to say about this one, it all looks good.

Ok, I have committed these two patches.

I'm not too hung up on the 0001 patch if others don't like that approach.

I agree with Michael on this one, the only times I saw this pattern
was to comply with some company internal policy for minimal coverage
numbers.

Ok, skipped that.