On 17.01.24 10:03, Jeevan Chalke wrote:
I added unary '+' and '-' support as well and thus thought of having separate rules altogether rather than folding those in.

    Per SQL standard, the precision and scale arguments are unsigned
    integers, so unary plus and minus signs are not supported.  So my patch
    removes that support, but I didn't adjust the regression tests for that.

However, PostgreSQL numeric casting does support a negative scale. Here is an example:

# select '12345'::numeric(4,-2);
  numeric
---------
    12300
(1 row)

And thus thought of supporting those.
Do we want this JSON item method to behave differently here?

Ok, it would make sense to support this in SQL/JSON as well.

I will merge them all into one and will try to keep them in the order specified in sql_features.txt. However, for documentation, it makes more sense to keep them in logical order than the alphabetical one. What are your views on this?

The documentation can be in a different order.